No doubt you are looking forward to your holiday. However, anything might happen before you set off, or during your holiday! Prepare for any such event by taking out a hotel cancellation plus policy now.
Hotelstorno Plus: https://www.europaeische.at/pip/en/hospl
Hotelstorno Premium: https://www.europaeische.at/pip/en/hospr
- Cancellation cover:
Cancellation fee reimbursement if you are unable to make the trip
- Termination of your journey:
Reimbursement of the booked but unused part of the arrangement
- Delayed commencement of your booked stay:
Reimbursement of costs incurred for overnight board and lodging
- If you have to extend your stay involuntarily:
Reimbursement of additional costs incurred on location
- Search and rescue costs:
In case of distress at sea or in the mountains (including helicopter rescue)
When is there insurance protection for cancellation / termination of the journey
Suddenly occurring serious illness, serious accident or death of the insured person or a family member
- Pregnancy of the insured person
- Damage to property
- Loss of job without fault
- Call-up to basic military or civilian service
- Submission of an action for divorce
- Failure to pass the school-leaving certificate examination
- Judicial summons
Existing medical conditions (but see Art. 13, ERV RVB Hotellerie 2007) are only insured if they unexpectedly become acute.
Cover applies in respect of stays of up to 31 days’ duration in Europe.